Setting the buzzer...ready, set, go!


I know Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest, but I so often find that Sunday is the day that I have only so many hours to get done all of the things I have put off for the week.
I wake up feeling pressure!!  
One thing that I have found helpful in keeping me organized is to set the buzzer.
I know people have written about this, and I don't know if I read about it first, or used the buzzer and then read about it, but needless to say, it is a great tool if you find yourself getting caught up in one activity (like blogging : ) for too long and then finding there are not enough hours in the day to get accomplished what you had wished.
I set the buzzer for lets say, 30 minutes to get my laundry in the washer, dryer, folded and put away.  It kind of becomes a game, like beat the clock as I look at my buzzer with 3 minutes left and 6 piles of laundry that need to find a home!
But I find this is really helpful for me, otherwise seconds turn into minutes and minutes so quickly, it seems, turn into hours... daylight into darkness and suddenly, it's like, where did this day go?? : )
As I write, my blogging time this morning is up!  
The buzzer is going off!
I hope that you have what Sunday is supposed to be....
a day of rest full of reading your favorite book, 
working on a favorite craft, 
watching a favorite movie, 
spending time with family and friends 
or taking a cat nap.
For those of you like me....I hope you find this helpful and maybe it will make it possible to squeak out a bit of relaxation at the end of the day!  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment