My new discovery working at the farm...
Just as pretty outside as they are inside! : )
What can you find at your grocer or farm stand to try that is new and different?? : )
Recipe from: http://www.foodandwine.com
Fresh Shell Bean and Tomato Stew
- 3 cups fresh cranberry beans (from 3 pounds in the shell)
- 1 quart water
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 2 thyme sprigs, plus 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- Pinch of baking soda
- 1 pound tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- In a saucepan, combine the beans, water, garlic, thyme sprigs and baking soda and bring to a boil. Simmer over low heat until the beans are tender, 30 minutes.
- Drain the beans, reserving 1 1/2 cups of the cooking liquid in the saucepan. Discard the garlic and thyme sprigs. Add the beans and tomatoes. Simmer the stew over moderate heat until the tomatoes are hot, about 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the butter. Add the thyme leaves and season with salt, then serve.
NOTES One Serving 408 cal, 5 gm fat, 2.8 gm sat fat, 69 gm carb, 25 gm fiber.