Finding my passion....



This summer marks one year of being unemployed.
It has been a challenging year.
I remember as the year began, I imagined my life inside one of those plastic sifters you bring to the beach.
I was to begin the process of sifting.
What would remain?
I sifted through my condo...
I sifted through the reality of not being employed...
not being a teacher...
of being a mom...
of being a daughter....
of being a daughter who needed her mom....
of losing everything....
my home, my job, my beloved Rocky...
Things did slip away....
and I did feel lost...
and I must say, at times, like a bit of a loser.
But then....

What remained...

My funny, resilient, strong son
who means more to me than he will ever know.
Being his mom, has taught me some of my greatest life's lessons.

My mom.
My confidant, morning coffee maker, owner of Bernie's Bed and Breakfast.
Her home became my respite, as I was recovering from a few of life's blows.

My cat Rocky
My pet who taught me about unconditional love and second chances.

Slowly, I have sifted and I am finding... 
myself.
The girl who loves the Senior Citizens and helping them grocery shop.
The girl who loves books and loves to volunteer at the library to help find books for others to read.
The girl who loves to tell stories and illustrate them too...
What I am finding,
by sifting...

are my passions.

: )





No comments:

Post a Comment