Favorite bookshop! : )

Today is "Save the Bookstore Day" and I wanted to show support to one of my favorite bookshops on the Cape!  
Although, Titcomb's Bookshop doesn't look in any way shape or form that is in need of "saving" I wanted to take the time out to make a purchase to show how much I appreciate the fact that I can count on this bookshop being there for me, any day, rain or shine!

From the minute I turn off Rt 6A into the driveway, which crunches under my tires, I start to feel a sense of calm.  
I feel a bit of a mini vacation coming on!

Today there was a guest author.  I have met so many of my favorite authors at Titcomb over the years and what makes it extra special is how cozy the atmosphere is and how close (in proximity) I've been to those whose books I've cherished over the years. 



There were delicious treats as I walked in!  
I always feels so at home here!  : )



One of the many things that I love about this bookshop, besides the fact that it is called a "bookshop" instead of a "bookstore" : )  is that they have a bell on their front door.  
One of my favorite movies of all time is, "You've Got Mail" and in it, Kathleen Kelly has a bookshop called, "The Shop Around the Corner" and her bookshop has a bell on it's door!  : )
Love this! 


There are so many nooks and crannies and lots of books and toys and cards and gifts for young and old!




This is where the authors sign their autographed copies for customers! 


Downstairs has lots to look at including used books, which are so much fun to browse through!




There is a wonderful top floor as well, but that is where today's author was speaking and I did not want to disturb anything going on up there!  : )

If you are ever in the area....stop by Titcomb's Bookshop on 6A in Sandwich, MA.
You won't be disappointed!
http://www.titcombsbookshop.com/

Oh...and besides a few greeting cards (they have a wonderful selection) this is what I purchased!


I'll let you know how it is!  : )


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the field trip Beth! Great pictures!! And I definitely want to know if Hector found happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elieen! lol! I will let you know! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, fabulous post! Thanks for your kind words and great photos, I was the person you spoke to when you came in asking permission to take photos and write about us on your wonderful blog, great job!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there--- saw this because of Titcombs' FB post about it. So nice to see another local blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your kind comments! It was easy to post about Titcomb's because I love it soooo! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lizzy, I enjoy your blogs and photos. Thanks for the tip, I will look for Titcomb's next time we're in Sandwich.

    ReplyDelete