Up at the crack of dawn....

My friend Sue and I met up this morning to go to the Sandwich Flea Market which opened at 6:30 am!

Getting up that early to go on our treasure hunt reminded me of when I was young and sleeping over my sisters to go out very early on a weekend morning to go to yard sales...
You get there bright and early while all the good stuff is still there and by 9:30 am you feel like you have already had a productive day!  : )

Sue filled up her car with lots of furniture to refinish while I poked around seeing what struck my fancy...




 I stumbled upon a toy (plastic) featherweight which is battery operated and is working condition.  It has a little matching sewing box.


I had a beloved table refinished years ago, but it came back to me without the wheels on the legs.
I was so happy to find this interesting Gilette box with my lost wheels.
: )

I also stumbled upon 2 small gifts for the family....one for a poet/teacher who uses an old typewriter : )
and one is a music lover that loves to listen to '78's.
A cute collectable pencil sharpener....
A take on the RCA dog....a piggy bank that could second as a doorstop.

It was a great way to start the day with breakfast at Marshlands to top it off!
: )

4 comments:

  1. Beth,
    Looks like you found some really cool treasures and had a fun day! I see you have a new banner photo, is there a story there? Went back thru the posts I've missed, hope the job thing is working out one way or another!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca,
    Nice to hear from you.
    The banner is my son and great-niece and nephew : )
    I thought it was a good summer picture to share.
    I will keep you posted with my job status....in the meantime I just continue to get my ducks in a row while trying to squeeze in some fun!
    Beth : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Like your treasures Beth!
    Ilove your banner.
    I can't believe how many times I looked at it and didn't realise who they were. now that I know; I can't believe I didn't recognise them~~~:)
    Love your piggy bank/doorstop

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture of the kids!!! What a fun outing at the flea market...

    ReplyDelete